Lori Allen made this quiche for a meeting I had at her house. I couldn’t get enough of it, so I asked her if she would share the recipe with me. It is sure to be the basis of many future quiche improvisations.
1/2 recipe of Rebecca’s Savory Pie Crust or one pie crust of your choice
6 medium eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup cream
(or just 2 cups of half and half)
1 cup grated muenster or havarti
1/2 tsp. salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
2 dry tsp. each: basil, rosemary, thyme
1) Bake the pie crust at 400 degrees for 7 minutes.
2) Take crust out of oven to slightly cool.
3) Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees.
4) Grate cheese and put into crust.
5) Mix all other ingredients in a bowl, and beat with a fork until eggs are well incorporated.
6) Pour over cheese.
7) Bake quiche 40-45 minutes, until knife inserted comes out clean.